Important Information About Us
Important information about us
Titan Insurance Services Ltd, trading as Titan Financial Services, is a Financial Advice Provider (FAP)
licensed and regulated by the Financial Markets Authority to provide financial advice.
Our Financial Services Provider (FSP) number is 692251.
My name is Shaun Tijore. I am the sole adviser for Titan Insurance Services Ltd.
My FSP number is 388507.
You can contact us at:
P.O Box 20237, Glen Eden, Auckland 0641
021 147 4486
Areas we can provide you with financial advice
Personal life, sickness and disability insurance needs and products
Business life risk insurance needs and products
Health insurance needs and products
Business life and disability insurance needs and products
KiwiSaver needs and products.
We do not give advice on life investment products including whole of life, endowment, unit linked insurance and insurance bonds.
We source products from the following companies:
For life risk insurances
· Partners Life
· Asteron Life
· Cigna Life
· Fidelity Life
· NIB (Health insurance only)
· Generate KiwiSaver.
Our duties and obligations to you
We have duties and obligations under the Financial Markets Conduct Act 2013 relating to the way we give advice. We are required to:
· Ensure you understand the nature and scope of advice you ask me to provide.
· Provide a service that is relevant to that agreed scope of advice and suitable to your circumstances and needs.
· Listen to your needs, concerns, preferences and to treat you fairly and with respect.
· Act with integrity and give priority to your interests and not my own.
· Exercise care diligence and skill.
· Meet the necessary standards of competence, knowledge, and skill required.
· Ensure you understand my recommendations and any associated risks.
· Keep you informed along the way and communicate in a timely, clear, and effective manner.
This is only a summary of the duties that we have. More information is available by visiting the Financial Markets Authority website at:
My company, Titan Insurance Services Ltd gets paid in the form of commission by the insurance company or KiwiSaver fund that you place our recommended products with. The amount of the commission is based on the amount of the premium for insurance or KiwiSaver balance. These commissions vary depending on the product provider used and will be detailed at the time any advice is provided to you.
Other fees or charges may apply in certain circumstances and as follows:
Personal Insurance services – fees and charges
If you purchase an insurance product through us and cancel it within 24 months and the product provider requires us to payback the commission we received, then we reserve the right to charge you a cancellation fee equivalent to a reasonable value of the work we have performed in providing that advice.
How we calculate any cancellation fee will be advised at the time our advice is provided to you.
We receive a small one-off payment when you start your plan as well as a small annual commission based on the funds in your account. Again, we will advise these commissions at the time advice is provided to you.
Conflicts of interest
To ensure that we prioritise your interests above our own, I follow an advice process that ensures our recommendations are based on your objectives, needs and circumstances. We further manage possible conflicts of interest by:
- Choosing product providers based on your needs and not on the commission I may receive.
- Avoiding any production requirements for one product provider.
- Not accepting any gifts or incentives offered by product providers.
- Having access to a range of product providers.
- Using third party product research as part of our analysis
Complaints and disputes
If you are not satisfied with our service or financial advice, please tell us as soon as possible so that we can try and resolve this for you to the best of our ability. It is our intention to provide the best possible service we can for our clients and will do our best to try and resolve any complaint received as quickly and effectively as possible. You can make a complaint by calling 021 147 4486 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org . You can also write to us at P.O Box 20237, Glen Eden, Auckland 0641.
We will follow our internal complaint process:
· We will consider your complaint and let you know how I intend to resolve it. Where possible, we try to resolve your complaint immediately.
· If we are unable to resolve your complaint immediately, we will acknowledge your complaint within 2 business days. We may contact you to get further information about your complaint.
· We aim to resolve complaints within 10 working days of receiving them. If we need more time to investigate your complaint, we will let you know when you can expect to receive a response to your complaint.
· We will contact you by phone, email or letter to let you know whether we can resolve your complaint and how we propose to do so.
If we cannot agree on how to fix the issue, or if you decide not to use our internal complaints scheme, you can contact our external disputes resolution scheme, Financial Service Complaints Ltd. They provide a free and independent dispute resolution service that may help to investigate or resolve your complaint if we have not been able to do so to your satisfaction.
Call: 0800 347 257
Write to: FSCL, PO Box 5967, Wellington 6145